Devopsdays Berlin 2022 Call for Papers
If you're reading this, we assume that you would like to talk at Devopsdays Berlin 2022!
Some words about this CfP
The conference language is English, although we are in Germany.
There are two different formats to propose for: * 30-minute talk: presented during the conference, usually in the mornings. * Ignite talk: presented during the Ignite sessions (scheduling varies). These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total).
There will also be Open Space sessions during the conference: If you’d like to lead a group discussion during the attendee-suggested Open Space breakout sessions, it is not necessary to propose it ahead of time. Those topics are suggested in person at the conference.
Content (or: What are we looking for?)
We at DevOpsDays Berlin do prefer cultural talks over technical talks. So if you have a hiring success story, can talk about diversity in Teams or Leadership, have a great tale to tell about spreading DevOps to the rest of the company - we would like to hear that.
On the other hand, we’re still engineers at heart - so if you have some uncommon technical story to tell, have new concepts you’d like to share, or employ some new best practices, we’d also like to hear from you.
General Tipps & Tricks
Choosing talks is part art, part science; here are some factors we consider when trying to assemble the best possible program for our local audience:
- broad appeal: How will your talk play out in a room of people with a variety of backgrounds? Technical deep dives need more levels to provide value for the whole room, some of whom might not use your specific tool.
- new local presenters: We are particularly interested in the new challenges and successes of local teams and companies. For any new speakers, we are happy to provide guidance/coaching upon request.
- original content: We will consider talks that have already been presented elsewhere, but we prefer talks that the local area isn’t likely to have already seen.
- under-represented voices: We want to hear all voices, including those that may speak less frequently at similar events. Whether you’re in a field not typically thought of as a technology field, you’re in a large, traditional organization, or you’re the only person at your organization with your background, we are interested in your unique experience.
- no third-party submissions: This is a small community-driven event, and speakers need to be directly engaged with the organizers and attendees. If a PR firm or your marketing department is proposing the talk, you’ve already shown that as a speaker you’re distant from the process.
- no vendor pitches: As much as we value vendors and sponsors, we are not going to accept a talk that appears to be a pitch for your product.
Notes for submitters
This depends on the sponsorship levels that we are able to raise. Feel free to ask us, but we cannot promise anything. Speakers for the selected talks and ignites will have free entry to both days of the event, plus a special speaker event and the social event. If you have purchased a ticket and and your presentation gets selected, we will refund the ticket.
Our mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org - feel free to contact us. If you absolutely want to talk about the CfP, please be aware that you should not deanonymize your proposal. We're good at forgetting things, but knowing what you proposed might still give us a bit of bias :)
If you want to know more about Devopsdays Berlin in general, you should visit the conference website.
You can enter proposals until 2022-06-30 23:59 (Europe/Berlin), 1 month from now.